I'm glad I took her but the flight to Colorado was HORRIBLE! Since she's 18 months old now Rylan doesn't like to sit still and she really doesn't like to be told "No". As soon as the plane started leaving the gate Rylan started opening and closing the shade and I told her to stop and either leave it up or down. She wasn't thrilled but moved on to pulling all the magazines out of the back of the chairs and then kicking the one chair in front of us that had someone sitting in it. I told her that was a "No" and that did it! I totally offended her. She was so mad at me and proceeded to scream and throw a fit for the next HOUR! (I checked my watch because I was sure it had to feel longer than it really was) Since it started before we even took off we had to stay in our seats and there wasn't much I could do. She was mainly angry at me so anytime I tried to touch her and calm her down she shove my hand away. Finally she fell asleep for about an hour, then woke up screaming again! This time we went to the back of the plane and stood with the flight attendants who all had tons of advice for me about flying with kids and how their ears can hurt during take off - um, thanks, I know, that wasn't the problem. Anyway, we finally landed (at 9am Mountain time so you know it was a super early morning - I woke up at 1:15 Mountain time!) and from there on out I was glad I brought Rylan with me :)
Dress-up at Grandma's house - I'm not sure if Grandma or Rylan enjoyed it more! This girl LOVES dressing up and admiring herself in the mirror. It's so fascinating to see how different girls and boys are from the beginning. We didn't teach this stuff!
My trip home also happened to fall on my birthday, so while I sadly didn't get to spend the day with Logan and Caiden at least I did get to go to dinner with my parents and sister.
Mmm, PF Changs!! (Sadly Rylan picked out those horrible pants herself and LOVES them - not my first choice)



No comments:
Post a Comment