10/15/10

Alligator!!

We were out driving through a really swanky suburb looking for a good pumpkin patch to visit with the kids when Logan and I both looked over and notice a HUGE alligator out of the water heading towards someone's backyard!

We pulled over and jumped out quickly but unfortunately by the time we got out he had gotten back in the water. It would have been amazing to get some pictures of him out on the grass (from a safe distance across the river, of course!)


These ponds and rivers of water are in almost every neighborhood you see and they say no swimming or boating but you can bet I'm not letting my kids or dog anywhere near the water's edge!! Apparently these gator sightings are not very uncommon though even the locals seemed somewhat impressed at the size of this one.

I took a ton of pictures, but it's hard to really see him or get a good idea of his size in the water, but you can tell how close he is to those houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment