
I spent next 4 long days in the hospital on bed-rest trying to hold off labor in a tiny, depressing room. Logan went back to work during the days and stayed with me each night.
Sat night, Sept 2 – starting around midnight I had moderate contractions every 10-15 minutes until morning, I received another Terbutaline shot to hold off labor once again, felt very uncomfortable all day, but no contractions, got wheelchair privileges and went outside to the park across the street
Sun night, Sept 3 (Labor Day, 33weeks, 3 days) – Loan and I went to bed around 11, at 12 I was getting more uncomfortable and asked nurse for Ambien (sleeping pill) because I hadn't slept the night before and wanted to be rested when I went into labor, at 1am more uncomfortable asked for second Ambien, increasing discomfort, the nurse began monitoring, but I couldn’t sit still long enough for her to get any readings because the pains were so strong I kept jumping out of bed and flipping around. At 1:30am the nurse checked my dilation and I was at 7cm, I was rushed to delivery room, began having recognizable contractions (before that they were strange shooting pains and I was convinced something was going wrong), I had several intense contractions, was checked again – this time I was 9cm. I felt urge to push just as the doctor came running in. The first set of pushes Logan commented that he saw a full head of hair, on the second set Caiden's head came out, and on the third set, the rest of his body. Caiden started screaming immediately which was relieving to more because lung development was a concern. Logan cut cord and Caiden, Logan and a big team of doctors headed straight to NICU

Caiden Everett Born 2:47am, 4lbs 7ozs, 18” long

Caiden spent the next 2.5 weeks in NICU, gained weight steadily, worked on eating -initially through feeding tube working toward bottles at each feed (every 3 hours) He was put on oxygen after several days, but the nurses impressed that he loudly makes his needs known. I sat with him every day and Logan went back to work, but was with us in the NICU whenever he was off.
Amanda - $17,263
Caiden - $65,000

Thurs, Sept 20 (35weeks, 6days) – We finally got to bring Caiden home!

Sept 24 – 5.6lbs (5%), 18” (6%), Head – 13” (10%)



No comments:
Post a Comment