11/13/11

A Free Saturday

For the first time in quite awhile we woke up with nothing on our calendars.  We decided to take advantage and have a laid-back family day.

First up it was time to experience the Florida State Forest with a little hike.

 Logan carrying Kellen


Amanda carrying Toben

The weather was perfect but I may have been swatting away a massive amount of mosquitos!



It took Rylan quite awhile to figure out that you can't just run down a trail.  After tripping over many roots she finally got the hang of it, but not before getting smacked to the ground more times than I can count.  Good thing she's incredibly tough!


Rylan was nervous to be up in this tree but Caiden was working hard to make her feel safe.


      

We came home and all 4 kids took a simultaneous 2 hour nap - glorious!  I watched Legends of the Fall while Logan took a motorcycle ride.

Once everyone woke up Logan took us to a biker bar/restaurant/gator place he had just seen.

This picture does not do justice to how massive this gator was!



As always, Rylan was enthralled by the birds and after awhile they even made their way to the bottom of the cage to say hi to her.



After putting the kids to bed Logan and I watched Tree of Life - strange and slow!  Not the best ending but a great day none the less

No comments:

Post a Comment