3/17/11

Roaches

We definitely live in Florida - one sure sign... Roaches!

The other day Logan took a pair of boots out of our closet and went to put them on barefoot (don't ask me why he was going to wear boots with no socks) and crushed a live roach with the bottom of his foot! Disgusting!

On two different occasions I've seen a small roach on the kitchen floor when I walked in in the middle of the night.

But last night a large, grown-up size roach was spotted on the kitchen counter strolling by my purse and sunglasses!!! Unacceptable!

Anyone who knows me knows I like things tidy and I take pride in having a clean house. In fact I would readily admit that I'm borderline obsessive about it and that I shouldn't put as much value in it as I do, but those are issues for another day. Today's issue is the fact that I am personally offended and pissed off that the roaches seem to believe that they are welcome in my house!

As you can probably imagine I spent today scrubbing the house top to bottom and I'm exhausted. Unfortunately, I don't know that it will help :(

2 comments:

  1. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Cleaning helps...but it won't get rid of them. Getting an exterminator can help, but in a place as humid as Florida, you may be stuck with them. Keep Borax under your sinks and other roach friendly palces (http://www.ehow.com/how_5557074_kill-roaches-borax.html) take the trash out every day, keep your cereal and such in tupperwear and not cardboard. (They eat cardboard. Get rid of as much cardboard as you can.)

    Good luck! I too am an OCD type with being clean, and I feel your pain on the roaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to vacation in Destin when I was a kid. You could HEAR the roaches walking around!!! Sick.

    Good luck with the roach killing. I don't miss them at. all. Or mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete