7/12/10

First Day

First days are always tough...

You don't know anyone, aren't sure where to go, what to do or where the bathroom is.

I wasn't looking forward to the newness at all so I'm happy that the day is over. It went alright - a lot of sitting around waiting for people to have time to talk to me, a lot of meeting new people (and trying mind games with myself to remember names/faces/positions - not my strongest trait), waiting for a computer and a desk to be set up, and more sitting around waiting for some work to do.

This is the first time in a long time that I actually spent over 8 straight hours in an office and the first time in an even longer time that I spent 8 hours in an office without anything significant to accomplish. (I know, I've been spoiled!)

First day done, hopefully day 2 will be better!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you survived. Thank you for blogging! I've been thinking of you all!
    MP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate first days:( I hope today was better!

    ReplyDelete