It's true - I'm a total control freak! (Shocker, I know)
I have always struggled with patiently following where God is leading me and not trying to jump in and take care of it all myself.
Currently we're embarking on a new phase of life that we believe God is leading us toward and I'm fighting my urge to control more than ever!
We are planning to move to Orlando so Logan can attend a school and pursue his passion for music and recording. Amazing, exciting stuff!
Full of many, many stressful little details to figure out. Right now the top three...
1) My job: I have a great set up right now to work from home several days a week and for the most part I really enjoy what I do. Lockheed has several large sites in Orlando but finding the right fit, in the right timing, for the right pay and working out a tele-commuting option is difficult to say the least
2) Finances: We're planning to drop from two incomes to one, somehow pay for school without debt, and move away from a lot of friends and family that watch our kids for free (or fairly cheap)
3) The house: Sadly we can't sell our house for what we owe in this market so we're trying to rent it for the time-being. Keeping the house "show ready" with two small kids and a dog is tough, but more tough is waiting and hoping the right people will come along and deciding how much we can will have to put into our house every month that rental income won't cover (back to stress #2)
I could go on with many more but those are the ones on my mind most often these days.
I really do believe that all of these things are nothing for God to handle but that only keeps my stress mildly at bay. I am constantly fighting my tendencies to yank it back out of His hands and try to solve it myself and it's tough for me to know when to move forward and pursue a solution and when to sit back and wait on His solution.
Moving is tough to do, but this does help :) (these are from an apartment complex!)


Whoa! Big changes for you all. I do know you like the sunshine, Amanda! :)
ReplyDeleteMP
We'll pray the Lord guides you where you're supposed to be!
ReplyDelete