It's been a busy month or so... I switched jobs (still with Lockheed). Caiden started soccer. Logan's school schedule picked up. My grandpa passed away. :( Rylan turned 3. Logan had a week off for spring break around Easter and for the first half he went to El Paso with Rylan and Toben to visit his grandfather. Meanwhile, I was home with Caiden and Kellen but thankfully, my parents and sister came for a visit at the same time. By the second half of the week we were a sick mess:
Caiden - started with an outer ear infection (swimmer's ear) that was super painful. After several doctor's appointments, fever and sleepiness nights, his ear burst and was oozing mucus. Turns out he had a middle ear infection and an outer one. He's finally returning to normal after more than a week.
Kellen & Toben - have taken turns having horrible diarrhea that leaks out of their diapers and all over there, clothes, crib, etc. You have to give yourself a pep talk whenever we go to get them in the morning or after naps, because you're sure to find a disaster (or two). They're still working through whatever funk they're fighting
(scrubbing down a crib for the 100th time)
Amanda - In the midst of it all I came down with a sore throat, fever and general sickness that I could have sworn was strep. The doctor confirmed that it wasn't and I still don't know what I had but it took 6 days to finally get some energy back and get off the couch.
(Kellen - stripes, Toben - blue)
(we put Caiden to work while we recovered)
Logan - A couple days before I was "better" Logan decided he was feeling invincible and took a drink out of my cup. By midnight that night, he was fighting a sore throat and fever too :( After several days of getting worse and worse, he went to the doctor for a strep test and was negative also. Still don't know what he had either, but thankfully has now 90% better.
Whew! It's been tough but I think we're finally on the other side!
oh my! i'm so sorry to hear about all of that! your grandpa, poor caiden's ear bursting!, rylan's random rash....what a crazy couple months! so sorry :(
ReplyDelete