10/17/11

I haven't felt much like blogging lately. Sure we're super busy, but that's not any different than usual. I just haven't had any blog posts forming themselves in my head. But it's time to at least put some pictures on here for documentation sake.

This is what you do when you're exhausted and mom forgets to move you to your bed. Wish you could hear how loud he was snoring and how loud and chaotic everything was around him!

Toben

The weather is cooling down a bit (like in the 80's now) and we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel that it might be nice to go outside again even if you're not in the pool! Still a far cry from anything feeling remotely fall-like


Some un-named storm came through a couple weeks ago and dumped 10 inches of rain over 2 days. Everything is saturated and our backyard got very marshy!


I've been reading this book and really enjoying it. I have tried to read her blog quite a few times because I know lots of people who like it and while I think her points are great, how she writes is just too "artistic" (for lack of a better word) for my literal brain and I could never quite get into it. (I couldn't even come up with a better word than "artistic" and that really doesn't even convey what I want it to, oh well)

But there were finally enough people that raved about her book that I had to give it a shot. I think the fact that in her book I can read her style for a longer period so my brain switches into a different mode and I start to get what she's saying. Regardless, I loved the book too!


If there's anything having 4 kids under 5 daily (maybe even minute by minute) teaches me it is that I must "die to self." And even after I think I have, I must do it again and more. And guess what - that's a great thing! That's what Christ intended! I'm thankful for the daily requirement to live with this in mind.


I just got this book and am excited to start reading it:


At the beginning of the month I turned 30. This was the first birthday that actually made me feel a little bit old. I don't think it's that 30 itself is old but having a birthday was cause to stop and think about how quickly time is passing. Time to notice the wrinkles (or just constant tiredness?!) around my eyes, the aches and pains that come with carrying (first on the inside then on the outside) 4 little kids without much time to take care of myself and to realize that I'm not young and free like I once was (though did I feel young and free even when I actually was?)

Other than that, we've just been busy living life and you can't complain about that :)


1 comment:

  1. I have One Thousand Gifts on my nightstand. I got it in May. I totally agree with you and the "artistic" writing! I'm glad I"m not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete