Well, I think we may have discovered today why this snake was so aggressive and didn't want to leave our garage!
Right outside our garage, under a bush, in some rocks Caiden picked something up today and said "Look Mom, it's an egg!" I blew him off with something like "No Caiden it's just a really smooth rock" (the rocks are all a similar white color) He kept talking about it (as he does with most things these days) so I picked it up to prove it was just a rock, squeezed it a little bit and it exploded everywhere!
I was in shock for about 2 seconds and then the overwhelming stench made me run inside, rip my clothes off and jump in the shower - no joke! It was on my face, in my hair and on my clothes and I was seriously nauseous for over an hour after getting totally clean!
We looked it up and it was a rat snake egg which was further confirmed by the "foul-smelling musk". The eggs take 65 to 70 days to hatch after being laid so that is probably why the snake was hanging around and protecting her territory 7 weeks ago. Crazy!
The best part Logan told me later was that after I ran inside to clean up Caiden turned and said to him really seriously, "so it really was an egg?"
gross is right.
ReplyDelete