A bit part of my motivation to have a blog is obviously to share our lives with friends and family that we don’t get to see every day but a major (probably the biggest) reason I have a blog is to document our lives. I think it’s important to record life so you can look back at the journey you’ve taken and recognize God’s faithfulness in each situation and through your story as a whole. I also want to have this record for my kids to be able to look back on to better understand the path their family took and be able to relive the memories we have of them as young children when they’re older and see this time through different eyes. I want them to be able to know Logan and I as people, not just their parents, and to have an idea of what we were like before they were even around.
In that vein I created the “Who I Am” posts. I’ve seen this on other blogs and think it’s an awesome exercise (shout out to Mandy!)
1) personally to put down your life on paper at a high-level and recognize how you became who you are today and
2) for my kids to be able to read later and have a better understanding of who I am outside of just being their mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment