12/24/09

Christmas Eve

Logan was supposed to work until 6pm tonight, but ended up getting off at 11am instead!! Yay!

He got to help me work on my insanely long list of to-do's instead :)

As usually happens this time of year when I realize that I'm going to have a week off. I get inspired to go through the house to purge, organize and do "spring cleaning"

Why do I do this to myself?! The more I surfaces I clean the more I surfaces I realize I could clean and I get totally overwhelmed, but alas I have two little kids that need my attention more so I have to draw the line somewhere!

During the couple hours Logan was at work this morning I tore apart the kitchen and had piles to recycle, trash, give away, etc. Caiden had been playing quietly downstairs for about 30 mins (or so I thought) which he's completely capable of doing, but as I came out of the kitchen I discovered that he'd torn apart our bed, completely emptied a full kleenex box in the bathroom, then I headed downstairs....

He had pulled the keyboard and mouse off the shelf, put the computer in some weird mode I haven't seen before and attacked his table, some toys and the carpet with a Sharpie! Awesome...

We were able to get most everything cleaned up and repainted to a reasonable level but I think we've entered a new stage where I have to keep a much closer eye on my two year-old boy! Now he goes hunting for trouble

Thankfully Logan helped me put the house back together during afternoon naps, we had some homemade lasagna for dinner by candlelight, read our Christmas story and now the kids are sleeping soundly until Christmas morning (let's hope!)

I feel like this is actually Caiden's "first" Christmas since he's finally old enough to get an idea of the real story of Christmas and to get excited about presents. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Merry Christmas to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment