So I tried to do a Thanksgiving activity with Caiden today - we survived
A definite stretch of my creativity, artistic abilities and abrasive to my perfectionism
And a definite stretch of Caiden's patience and desire to do quiet and calm activities
I stole some ideas off the Internet and blog-land from people much more "teacherly" than me (which isn't hard to be!)...
Caiden wanted nothing to do with my telling of the first Thanksgiving. Apparently it sounded too much like a prayer because he just kept saying "Amen" and when I didn't stop, "All Done!"
Then we attempted to color and create our turkey, which pretty much resulting in me coloring while Caiden ran around me with trucks and planes. He did get really excited when I finally convinced him to let me trace his hand and has been talking about "Caiden's hand" on the wall ever since. I also don't think he got the concept of picking something he's thankful for but I think we kinda settled on the fact that we're thankful for Rylan so I jumped on it.
We'll keep working on it!
cool turkey. hope you all are well. miss you
ReplyDelete